What is NameCoach?
NameCoach, a tool to record and share the pronunciation of your name, is available to anyone with an access.caltech credential. Faculty, postdocs, students, and staff can create a recording in their own voice so others can learn how to say their name. Recordings are automatically added to a Caltech NameCoach directory.
Here are resources to get started and find help:
- Record your own name with Caltech's NameCoach. <access.caltech credential required>
Some languages may require unfamiliar phonetics. If there is more than one way to pronounce your name that is acceptable to you, we encourage pronouncing them all in one recording. A NameCoach recording is limited to 25 seconds.
- Access the Caltech NameCoach directory. <access.caltech credential required>
- Review the step-by-step Caltech-created User Guide.
- Learn more about the tool on the third-party NameCoach website. However, use this link to record with Caltech's license and be included in the Caltech NameCoach directory.
- Canvas, Caltech's Learning Management System (LMS), for use in courses. More information is available in these Caltech-created, Using NameCoach in Canvas Guides for Instructors and Students.
- access.caltech: Located in the Self Service section of applications, as well as in Name and Personal Information section of My Personal Information.
For support and feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org.