AMT is a campus resource supporting film production, virtual, hybrid, and in-person events and outreach, and remote and in-person instruction and training for faculty, instructors, and TAs. We implement creative, innovative, and tech-savvy solutions to support Caltech's research and education mission, development, and outreach.
- For 4K and HD filming, animation, and production, we support on- and off-campus interviews, scripted content, b-roll, and in-person events. We have earned awards for research news, fundraising, event, and recruitment videos and animations. Check out our portfolio.
- For virtual and hybrid events and outreach, we support Zoom Webinars (up to 1,000 participants), Zoom Meetings (up to 500 participants), YouTube Premiere live experiences, and more. Since April 2020, AMT has supported >180 virtual events with >50,000 online viewers. For support, please contact AMT.
- For hybrid meetings (participants are both in-person and online) in small- and medium-size conference rooms, consider using the Meeting Owl Pro with Zoom. Learn more and read testimonials. If you would like a demo, please contact AMT.
Educational support is provided by many groups across campus: AMT, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Outreach (CTLO), Caltech Help Desk, Caltech Library, and the Registrar's Office. Please email support requests to the following campus groups:
- firstname.lastname@example.org – how to use G Suite (now Google Workspace), Zoom, and lecture recording tools
- email@example.com – course design and teaching methods; teaching policies (e.g., FERPA , honor code); TA training; how to use Gradescope and Piazza with Canvas.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – platform access to Google Workspace, Gradescope, Canvas, and Zoom, including Zoom Pro and Zoom Webinar licenses and system requirements
- email@example.com – course materials, iPad and Apple Pencil student loaner program
- firstname.lastname@example.org – add/drop classes, add users in Canvas, course changes, enrollment/registration
AMT operates the New Media Classroom/Caltech Studio and are proud to be part of Information Management Systems and Services.