Education Technology Resources
Caltech AMT supports Education Technology needs for Caltech courses. This page lists resources available for campus and online course support, Caltech's CMS, and other hardware and software links to explore.
Recording course content for a Caltech course or MOOC? AMT has a kit for instructors that includes:
- HD webcam, lavalier microphone, three point lighting, backdrops (white and greenscreens), recording and editing software (Mac & PC), and a Wacom tablet + grip pen for digital whiteboarding
Recording an entire course or lecture series:
- Hameetman Auditorium and Anneberg 105 have the Echo360 lecture capture system installed for automated lecture recordings.
- AMT has a mobile unit allowing for lecture capture anywhere on campus.
Caltech uses the Coursera and edX platforms to deliver Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). Caltech on iTunes U and Caltech's YouTube channel also provide learn-at-your-own pace course materials. Caltech AMT provides technical support for creating content and platform support for Caltech MOOCs.
Learn more about Caltech's online course offerings, including what's being offered or has been offered.
- Student wiki of AMT- and student-recorded courses (available to on-campus viewers only)
The Center for Teaching, Learning, & Outreach (CTLO) supports Caltech's multifaceted educational efforts, including undergraduate and graduate courses and curricula, formal and informal learning, and partnerships with K-12 teachers and students.
CTLO offers an array of services and programs for faculty, teaching assistants, and students. They have an experimental tablet-enhanced learning program in place for instructors to incorporate iPads in their classroom teaching.
- Moodle - available via access.caltech login
Lecture Capture & Collaborative Learning Tools - hardware & software
- Echo360 (formerly Lectopia) - hardware recording system installed in Annenberg 105 and Hammetman Auditorium + AMT mobile unit
- Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro
- Adobe Presenter
- Wacome Cintiq Tablet for digital whiteboarding
- Adobe Acrobat for PDF presentations
- 2Screens iOS App
- DVD-video authored/ DVD slideshows